Liposuction Beverly Hills & Los Angeles
According to the most recent statistics released by The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), Liposuction was the second most commonly performed plastic surgery procedure in the US with over 313,000 procedures performed in 2012. Liposuction, along with breast augmentation, consistently ranks as the #1 or #2 most commonly performed plastic surgery procedure.
Why Get Liposuction in Beverly Hills?
Liposuction is an excellent option for patients who wish to get rid of small pockets of fat that are resistant to proper dieting and exercise. Liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits, improving your body’s overall proportion, thereby enhancing your self-image. It is often referred to as “liposculpture” as the removal of these stubborn pockets of fat helps to create a slimmer and firmer body shape and contour.
Who is a Candidate for Liposuction in Beverly Hills?
Healthy men and women of normal weight who have firm, elastic skin, with stubborn pockets of excess fat in specific areas of their body such as: abdomen, flanks ("love handles"), thighs, hips ("saddlebags"), buttocks, arms, knees, breasts, chin ("double chins"), neck, among others.
- Adults at, or near, their ideal weight with firm, elastic skin
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with reasonable expectations and specific goals in mind
Why Should You Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon?
It is important to choose a board certified plastic surgeon for your procedure because like all other plastic surgery procedures there are inherent challenges that the surgeon must address to ensure optimal results. The basic challenges a plastic surgeon will face during your surgery are:
- To abstract the right amount of fat
- To cause the least amount of trauma to surrounding tissue
- To leave the person’s fluid balance undisturbed
- To cause the least discomfort to the patient
Why Men and Women Chose Dr. Kapoor in Beverly Hills
Dr. Kapoor is a well-trained, highly experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills who uses a refined, mastered technique to achieve ideal results. His detail-oriented, results driven technique achieves the best possible results with the least amount of trauma and scarring. His ability to minimize potential complications leads to an optimal recovery process for his patients.
- Highly trained with unmatched experienced having performed hundreds of liposuction procedures on men and women as a board certified plastic surgeon.
- A highly specific approach using a mastered technique for each patient to achieve the results that YOU want for YOUR body.
- Unmatched attention to detail achieves amazing results with minimal complications.
I am so glad I finally took the plunge and got this procedure done. I had neck liposuction done by Dr. Kapoor at his practice in Beverly Hills. I had been putting off having the procedure because I was concerned about my neck bruising following the procedure. After meeting with Dr. Kapoor I felt comfortable knowing he would make sure I had an easy recovery process. Just as Dr. Kapoor told me, pretty much all of the bruising had gone away within a week of having the procedure done! I highly recommend Dr. Kapoor to anyone that has been considering plastic surgery. The way he explains the entire process is exactly how it goes so you really feel comfortable going through the entire process.
- Brittany F. / Neck Liposuction, Los Angeles, CA
What Areas of the Body Does Liposuction Target?
- Hips and buttocks
- Abdomen and waist
- Upper arms
- Inner knee
- Chest area
- Cheeks, chin and neck
- Calves and ankles
Liposuction can be performed alone or along with other plastic surgery procedures such as a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), a facelift, Brazilian butt lift or other body contouring procedures.
Liposuction for Men in Beverly Hills
Liposuction in Beverly Hills is NOT just for women. Although women represent the overwhelming majority of plastic surgery patients, the number of men who are undergoing plastic surgery is increasing tremendously over the past few years. According to the most recent statistics released by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, nearly 1 million plastic surgery procedures were performed on men in 2012; being the #1 choice by men wishing to use plastic surgery as a means to enhance themselves physically and psychologically.
As techniques have been refined, many ideas have emerged that have improved the safety and effectiveness of this procedure. Generally speaking, 30 years of improvements in liposuction surgery means that more fat cells are easily removed, while blood loss, patient discomfort, and risk of complications have been reduced to a minimum. Although there are several different liposuction techniques used by plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills, in general, the procedure involves the use of a cannula (a hollow tube) that is placed through small incisions made by the plastic surgeon followed by the sucking out of the fat with the help of a suction device. The different techniques can be categorized by the amount of fluid injection and by the mechanism in which the cannula works.
The tumescent technique is currently the most popular technique among plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills because it allows the procedure to be performed with the patient under local anesthesia, significantly reducing blood loss and eliminating the risks of general anesthesia. The advantages of the tumescent technique include:
- Less Pain, More Gain: with local anesthesia, the tumescent approach is less painful and more pleasant than putting a patient under general anesthesia or sedating them through an IV. This technique also allows patients to avoid the post-op nausea and vomiting which generally occurs following the use of general anesthesia.
- Less Danger, More Safer: Tumescent liposuction has shown to be extremely safe with the use of a diluted local anesthetic solution. The use of this solution significantly lowers the risk of lidocaine toxicity and the risk of increased heart rate from the epinephrine.
- Significantly Less Blood Loss: Arguably the biggest advantage of the tumescent technique is that there is very little blood loss, especially compared to the traditional approach.
Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction
In ultrasound assisted liposuction, the cannula that is used to suck out the fat cells transmits ultrasound vibrations within the body that break up the fat cells. By breaking down the fat cells it becomes much easier for the plastic surgeon to suction out the fat from the targeted area. The advantages of Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction include:
- More fat can be removed: With the assistance of high-intensity, high-frequency, external ultrasound the fat cells become easier to suction out, allowing for more fat cells to be targeted during the procedure.
- Easier on the patient and doctor: Using pulsed energy waves, in combination with the specialized cannula, the plastic surgeon can safely remove excess fat and decrease patient discomfort during the procedure.
- Can target difficult areas: This technique is a good option for plastic surgeons when they are targeting more fibrous areas, like the back or male breast tissue, because it exert its effect on fat cells and fibrous connective tissue.
Laser Assisted Liposuction
Laser assisted liposuction is similar to ultrasound assisted liposuction as it can remove larger volumes of fat cells because the fat is zapped with a laser. This makes the targeted fat cells more fluid-like and easier to suction out of the targeted area. The advantages of Laser Liposuction include:
- Newer collagen, tighter skin: Laser liposuction also has the added benefits of producing new collagen, which tightens the skin after the fat has been removed.
- Removes more fat: More fat can be removed because the fat is zapped with a laser that liquefies the cells. Bleeding is also reduced as the laser cauterizes surrounding blood vessels.
- Easier on the patient: Because the laser cauterizes the surrounding blood vessels there tends to be less bruising in the area.
Recovery Following Liposuction in Beverly Hills
After you undergo liposuction, bruising and swelling will commonly be present, most of which will subside within the first 2 weeks following the procedure. Some minor swelling may be present for up to six months. You will need to wear an elastic compression garment for the first week to help control swelling and support the new contours of your body. You may experience some discomfort, burning, itching or temporary numbness. You will be prescribed medication to help manage these symptoms. As swelling and bruising begin to fade, the results of your liposuction procedure will be seen.
Most patients in Beverly Hills report needing 5-7 days off from work following the procedure. Strenuous activity should be avoided for at least one month to allow for optimal healing. The results will be long lasting if you continue to follow your diet and exercise regimen.
I’ve always wanted to get rid of my belly fat, but I was too scared to get a tummy tuck. After I met with Dr. Kapoor, he showed me how his liposuction technique can get me the kind of results that I was after. I was thoroughly satisfied with my results and procedure. The recovery was much easier than I had anticipated and I was back to work before I knew it. For the first time in years I can wear a sexy bikini at the beach and that feels so good.
- Kristin M. / Liposuction, Beverly Hills, CA
Q- Is Liposuction an option to treat obesity or diabetes?
A- Although some studies have found that liposuction MAY provide some health benefits in obese and/or diabetic patients, it is important to understand that liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or a substitute for proper diet and exercise. It is also not an effective treatment for cellulite, the dimpled skin that typically appears on the thighs, hips and buttocks, or loose saggy skin. The goal is to remove stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise, thereby improving your body's shape and contour.
Q- What is the difference between a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction?
A- Although there are similarities between the two procedures, liposuction only targets specific pockets of fat, while a tummy tuck targets excess fat, skin, and weakened muscles. Since liposuction does not address the musculature of the abdomen, it is recommended for patients who have good skin tone and no looseness of the muscle of their abdominal wall. Tummy tucks are most commonly recommended to patients who have had massive weight loss or multiple pregnancies which have left excess flabby abdominal skin and weakened abdominal muscles. Liposuction is most commonly recommended to patients who have stubborn pockets of fat that persist despite a strict diet and exercise regimen.